Sunday, February 9, 2014

For the Girls

Today, I had an epiphany.  And usually when I have epiphanies, they are controversial.  I get it.  I am opinionated.  Or is it just because I live in the south?  Honestly, I feel like I would be a major softy if I moved back up north.  Major difference in lifestyles.  Anyway, that is neither here nor there.  My epiphany came from a series of events this past week which involves being a woman.  There are multiple struggles females in this country endure deep within their souls.  No two females are molded or compacted the same.  We are all beautiful, intelligent, wide eyed, and energetic forces with dreams and ambitions until we reach a certain point in our lives and we make some sort of sacrifice.  The career.  The family.  The family and the career.  Travel first and then marriage.  Travel together after marriage.  Your clock stops somewhere.  You have a moment when you question whether you fit it all in.  Did you do it all right?  Was it the way it was meant to be?  Am I the me I wanted to be?

I don't think I am.  This post could go all dark and depressive in 2.5 riiiiiight here if I let it, but I wont.  GAHD, how boring would that be for YOU.  Awful.  You're welcome.  So, my epiphany turned into a promise.  For Logan, I will forever place her first, before myself.  For as long as I am alive, Logan will have my full attention and understanding because once she is a mom, she will become last.  The last one to shower (sometimes it's days.)  The last one to fall asleep.  The last one to take care of herself.  The last one to feed herself.  The last one to worry about herself.  To be a young female in America is a remarkable privilege.  I hope she soars.  I hope she spins fast with her arms stretched wide and dances in the sun.  I hope she schools the boys and scores her goals.  I hope she dreams big dreams and wont sweat the small things.  

And most of all, when she calls an auto body shop...I hope to God by then, we have more women working with men who can fix cars.  Com'mon ladies, pick up some wrenches!  We got this.

No comments :

Post a Comment